General aspects in Spain/Majorca
The contents include all pieces of furniture or movable equipment objects. Usually, jewellery and art objects have to be declared expressly in the policy.
The building refers to the fixed parts of the home, such as walls, windows, floors, fixed power installations, plumbing, etc... It is important for all home owners to have a building insurance to cover damages such as broken pipes, window glass breakage, surges in fixed installations, etc., regardless of whether it is a single family home or a home in a community: in Spain, community insurances only cover damages in the common areas and the coverage of private areas is usually limited to certain guarantees. It is also important to know that, according to the Spanish Horizontal Property Law, there are some parts of a home that we can consider as private, but are really common parts for which the owner only has the right of usufruct, such as balconies and terraces.
It is therefore also important to be aware of the coverages of our Community insurance and even to ask the president of the community or administration for information on this subject.
A fundamental guarantee of home insurances which directly protects our pocket is Civil Liability. It covers damages caused to third parties. The most frequent cases are damages caused to neighbours by water (due to pipe breakage or bathtub leakage...), an object falling accidentally from a balcony and hitting something or somebody, a fire in our home affecting the neighbours, etc. The advantage is that most of the policies also cover Family civil liability, i.e. damages caused by members of the family outside the home: if a child breaks a window with a ball, damages caused while cycling as an amateur, and even the possession of pets.
Damages caused by storms and disasters
Particularly in Majorca, where storms are quite frequent, it is necessary to have a good home insurance (contents and building), which covers damages caused by atmospheric phenomena and natural disasters. Disaster coverage takes place through the payment of fees by the private insurance company to the Insurance Compensation Consortium. The Insurance Compensation Consortium is a state system in the area of disaster insurance, which is limited to events usually referred to as “non-insurable”, such as floods, earthquakes, tornados and terrorist attacks. For this reason, when contracting a home insurance, we always recommend to ask if the insurance company is a member of the Consortium and whether it pays the corresponding fees to ensure coverage in case of disaster.
The best protection for your home
Would you like to protect your property? We offer you the ultimate protection for your home.
Having a home insurance is indispensable. We offer you comprehensive protection with excellent conditions. In case of accident, we compensate your economical loss quickly and easily.
Coverages in cases of:
- Material damage (fire, explosion, lightning, surge, damages caused by water, atmospheric phenomena)
- Additional expenses (demolition and clean-up, firemen, aesthetic restoration, etc.)
- Theft and vandalism
- Glass breakage
- Civil liability insurance up to 1.200,000 € per accident
- Damages caused by forces of nature
- Legal protection
- Private civil liability insurance
- Civil liability insurance for dog owners included
- Immediate protection
We now also automatically include the following special benefits, which are usually not offered by other insurance companies:
- Damages caused by tenant vandalism
- Water loss up to 500 €
- Blockage removal costs regardless of the resulting damages
- Pipe repair if there are no resulting damages (up to 150 €)
Optional additional benefits:
- Work of art insurance with AXA Art
- Fully comprehensive insurance clause: damages caused by landslides, damages caused by rodents and other unexpected risks (deductible = 120 €)
- VIP legal protection
- Civil liability for holiday renting
- Bicycle insurance
- Damages to trees and bushes
Exclusive services of our agency:
- Custom-made quote in 24 hours
- Insurance conditions and contracts in your language
- Accident report within 24 hours
- Quick accident processing with your contact person
- Direct settlement with AXA service repair
- Accident processing in cases of damages caused by forces of nature
We will be pleased to advise you with regard to our benefits for the AXA insurance. Use our online enquiry or make a personal advising appointment.